Friday, December 16, 2011

Freebie pen days are over...

Today is exactly six months since I quit my job in June to be a SAHW.

One week ago while shopping, I had to buy writing pens again which for the life of me, I can't recall in recent history when was the last time I did that. In my previous working life, I was, what is known as, a PM i.e. Product Manager. A handful in other companies in the same industry are called Brand Manager as well but very rare.

Among the many other work things I did, one of the most basic, module 101 of marketing was to make sure my product had a steady stream of premiums made available, which are given to various people in the hierarchy of the healtcare industry. And the cheapest of these are pens. In fact, it's an insider joke that PM also stands for pen managers, by virtue of the amount of pens generated by various products within the same company.

As I hop into the car after I was done with my shopping, while reminiscing on some words of wisdom from one of my ex-bosses, one of the local FM radio, very aptly played this song by My Chemical Romance's "I don't love you like I love you yesterday..."

Certainly those days are over.
'Guys, remember you are beyond Pen Managers' - words of wisdom from one of my ex-bosses.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...