Sunday, August 28, 2011

Overzealous guards at Perdana View

I have been back in KL for past one month or so to oversee some renovation works that we are doing at another unit that we just bought. At where home is here in Damansara Perdana, there have been a recent spate of break-ins and clearly the new condo management took it very seriously.

For one, when I was driving out of the carpark earlier this week, the automatic barrier failed to lift when i tagged my carpark pass. A guard then came over and requested to inspect my car boot, which is something out of norm because heck I'm not entering a Jakarta mall. BTW, securities in Jakarta malls are pretty tight. Guards are required to inspect the car boots, back seats and also car undercarriage for anything amiss/suspicious before they allow you into the carparks. On further probing, I found out about the break-ins and apparently the suspects were tenants or long-term stayover visitors. Hence the request to inspect car boots in the hope of recovering the stolen items. Later that day, notices were up in the elevator notice boards informing all residents of the break-ins and preventive steps the management have and will be taking to prevent further incidences.

They are also installing CCTV at all floors and have promised to increase frequency of guard patrols. Just this afternoon, when we came back from renovation errands for the new house, I told Hubs not to padlock the gate since we plan to leave again later in the evening for dinner at his aunt's. Thirty minutes later, "ding-dong" went my door bell. When I opened the door, a patrol guard was outside and he gently "reprimanded" us - please lock the gate.Well, I'll be damned.. Oh well at least the management kept to their promise. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...