Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Antidote to fast-food guilt trip..

.. and hoping it zero-rised my indulgence today. ;p

I get the occasional food cravings.. and usually they sorta take care of themselves once those urges are satisfied. However, today is especially bad. In all honesty, this is the first time I'm experiencing food craving this bad.. I blame it on the monthly visit from one particular Aunty Flo *sheepish smile*

You see.. I had fast food TWICE today. Yep! For lunch AND dinner. Although I had McD double cheeseburger earlier in the day, it just ain't enuf because by dinner time, I was thinking of KFC Hot 'n' Spicy 2-pc snack plate with its deep fried chicky skin coated with extra bits of crunchy batter. Talk about heart-attack meals. When I whatsapp Hubs, he was like Huh? Fast food for both lunch and dinner? And this is coming from the wife that is relatively more health-conscious than him.

By the time i was halfway through my 2nd piece of chicken, I was quite "tzai" (this in cantonese, I googled but can't seems to find any English word that best describe this feeling) with the whole day fast-food experience that I knew when I got home later, I was definitely gonna make myself a mug of green tea to "cut the fat". It's the same concept in bak kut teh. If you didn't know, the "teh" actually refers to cups of chinese tea drunk after a meal of bak kut teh to cut the fat. My version of yin and yang, hehe.

On top of this mug of green tea, I had a mug of pu-erh as well, which is touted to
break down fats, aid digestion and improve blood cholesterol level. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...