Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bargain hunting at G2K warehouse sale: A pre-requisite for all SAHW wanna-be

In case you haven't figure it out, SAHW stands of stay-at-home-wife which is what I am until we hear pitter patter of tiny feet :)

I rarely go for warehouse or end-of-season clearance sales. Mainly because I'm not much a clothes shopper, I hate crowds and queues (which is why I also avoid malls on weekends and public holidays), there's the dust and lints that makes my nose twitch, itch and sneeze, and yes the digging under piles and piles of clothes, with the agonizing hope of finding the correct clothes size.

And so when Lil' Sis came back yesterday, showing what she bought at G2K warehouse sale which is happening right now as we blog, until next Tuesday, or so I overheard the salesperson telling another bargain hunter, and when she told me the price per piece and her total bill, my antennae were immediately up. And how Lil' Sis got to know about it is total fluke. She received a sms from HSBC on the date of the preview, she went to  try her luck, got in, bought her stash of bargains and she's not even a HSBC customer! I dare say this IS providence my friends! :))

Lil' Sis did forewarned me tho on the crowd.. She told me to go early since I'm free and easy all the time. But shikes, I got an 11am appointment with my reno contractor. Am I kiasu enough to reschedule the appointment and be the early bird to leisurely browse at will and at ease? No, I told myself, I shan't succumb to kiasu-ism and decided to go after my appointment. The last advice from Lil' Sis in a very cautionary tone: I tell you first yeah, you GOTTA dig OK.

By the time I reach Menara Chan in downtown Jln Ampang, oh yeah, it is at that dreaded stretch that Renaissance Hotel, SJK(C) Lai Meng and the British Council sit, I was already battling the school bus crowd on the roads and the office girls lunch crowd at the sale venue. Not forgetting the rabid digging and fishing up pants after pants looking for the elusive size 36. And also the 1 hour queue just to pay. All in the name of beefing up my going out clothes. I have indeed succumb to kiasu-ism (I think) to a certain extent. Hahaha.
Baju Baju everywhere, where's my elusive size 36?
Lunch time bargain hunters! And the 30 and 50 is RM 30 - RM 50. Not percentages

My stash. Total damages RM 70, compared to RM 450 normal retail price. Teehee!

4 comments:

yvy said...

nice!! are we hoping to hear these tiny footsteps soon? :)

yvy

The Home CEO said...

It's all in God's time. :)

Alvin Cher said...

Since when u became SAHW?

The Home CEO said...

Alvin, been 2 mths dy. Quit my job in June. Hehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...