Thursday, August 25, 2011

My iPhone just came from Out-Patient Department

Something's not quite right with my iPhone battery the past few days. Numerous times in a day, my phone would auto-shut down, despite having a full charge the night before. The only way I could get it to power up again is to connect to some power source and when i did that, the phone would register, like a 10% battery status, and after leaving it to charge for a few minutes, the battery status suddenly jumps up to 85%. This aint' normal because in the past, at 85%, 65% or even 45% for that matter, I could surf with no problem at all until the phone automatically prompts me to charge the phone.

And last night was the most ridiculous. After experiencing like the 3rd or 4th blackout for the day, I put the phone to charge. Battery status when i plug on the power was 55%. Weird.. After 15 minutes of Big Cat Diaries on telly,when I checked my phone during the commercial breaks, it was still registering 55% charging status. By the time i finished Big Cat Diaries one hour later, it was only 56% charging status! Hmmm maybe my phone has aged.. After all it's 1++ year old already. Hopefully with the overnight charge, it would get back up to 100%, or so i thought.

I woke up around 730am this morning, and the first thing i thought of was "I wonder if my phone battery is at 100%" Guess what.. After a 7.5 hours worth of charge time, my phone is only at a pathetic 62%, averaging 0.8% charge per hour. This is DRASTIC man...

After searching the internet forums and apple online support, i decided to restore my phone to original factory status and see whether it make any difference. My only worry is whether the data on my apps gets backed up. All forums seems to suggest that iTunes does an auto back-up before restoration but just to be on the safe side, i manually copied all my important information.

Now it's half an hour post outpatient restorative treatment, and the first thing i noticed post-treatment is battery is miraculously registering a 100% charged status. All data on apps are in placed - nothing missing there. Let's see if this 100% dwindles down normal-ly. Keeping fingers and toes crossed...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...