Sunday, November 11, 2012

Our IVF journey - The 2 weeks wait

I left the clinic with more ventolin tablets, progesterone pessaries and progesterone oily injections to ensure the uterus is conducive to support implantation and pregnancy. Our 2 weeks wait has started.

For the first 2 days after the transfer, I did not do anything heavy. My mom continued to stay with me to help me out at home with cooking and household work. On a daily basis, I had to take my ventolin tablets and progesterone pessaries. And every three days, I drove to a nearby clinic to get a doctor to administer the oily injections on my buttocks. Now that is one really painful injection. But Dr Ho, the lady doctor who did my injections was really nice, careful and gentle throughout the injection.

The nurses at the fertility clinic told me to eat normally, don't overstress myself and no heavy work. They also told me not to eat four types of fruits i.e. bananas, papayas, watermelons and pineapples. Apparently, these fruits have high level of serotonin that may cause uterine contractions.

Other than that, I begin to write from home, and try not to think too much or even reading too much into every symptoms or the lack of it that is indicative of pregnancy. But still I can't prevent the gamut of feelings that I went through - hope, anticipation, excitement, anxious, wondering and at times doubtful whether we would be successful.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...