Thursday, January 5, 2012

Recipes: Grilled Chicken Breasts with Cumin and Thyme

When I made this dish the first time, we loved it so much that it warranted a repeat. I thought the combination of cumin and thyme was a bit odd but the end result was superb! I especially love the use of cumin in this marinade which gives a hint of spice and sweetness to the chicken.

Grilled Chicken Breast with Cumin and Thyme

3-4 pieces of chicken breasts
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/8 teaspoon cumin
    - Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl, mix well. (I used a pestle and gently grind the mix to release the flavours of cumin and thyme
    - Coat chicken breast liberally with marinade and allow to marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator
    - Heat some oil in a non-stick pan. Grill the chicken breast until no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, roughly about 4-5 minutes on each side

    On my 2nd attempt, I used the leftover marinade to flavour the vegetables, which turn out pretty good as well. What I did was to heat up 1 tbsp of butter, pour in the leftover marinade and quickly added the parboiled the broccoli for a couple toss before serving.

    No comments:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...