Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Of Bir, Chanel and Porky Pig

After we moved into our new place here in Malaysia, Hubs and I went to a nearby hypermarket to pick up some groceries for the house. As we wandered into the alcohol section, Hubs was searching high and low of Bintang Beer and wondering out loud why he can't seems to find it, when I gently reminded him that we are back home in Malaysia. After making his selection and placed the cans into the shopping cart, as we were making our way out, I caught this silly signage which further affirm our physical presence here in Malaysia. Certainly, I have not come across such signages in supermarket in Indonesia when it is the largest Muslim country.


And I can't help but to compare this silly signage against a photo I have taken of a funny artsy sculpture on public display while window-shopping at Grand Indonesia. I'll let you draw your own conclusion.
To quote a remark from an acquaintance when this person saw this picture on Facebook, "Chanel and roast pork: life's essentials" ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...