Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A short update

It has been more than 10 months since I last updated my blog. Eeekkk.

In the meantime, many things have happened.

Probably the most exciting of all is that we have moved! Our annual migration came earlier and this time it was to Manila, Philippines. Hubby got the news to move sometime early October last year and we had a scouting trip at the end of October to see if we like the city and country. We decided to move because we think we needed a change of scenery. We officially moved after CNY 2014.

In that 10 months, I tried to conceive via IVF again and failed both times. From my first IVF attempt in December 2012, it took me a year to build my courage and faith to try again in October 2013 and the third attempt just a short 3 weeks ago. Needless to say, I'm disappointed that all attempts failed to result in a pregnancy, especially when the negative result of my most recent attempt was made known on the eve of Mother's Day this year. On a more positive note,the TCM doctor that I was seeing before my recent attempt was very encouraging and advised me to consider trying again, although the thought of mentally preparing myself to go through the process kinda feels me with dread (perhaps it is due to my recent failed attempt). I guess I really need a break from all these babies and kids thoughts and talk.

So what's next? It is back to Manila come this Saturday. Out of the 10 months that I have been out of action in blogosphere, I have spent 7 months in KL mainly for IVF treatment. I'm quite excited to be going back to Manila, and I'm sure hubby is ecstatic about it too because it means home-cooked meals for him. I'll update more when I'm back there. See you in Manila!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...