Sunday, September 23, 2012

Eats: Beautika Manadonese Restaurant

Personally, I think introduction to Indonesian culture and food isn't complete without stepping into a Manadonese restaurant. And at Beautika, you definitely won't go wrong. Initially when Hubs brought me here a year ago, I was wondering how does a restaurant ends up with a name like Beautika. Well, wonder no more. Apparently Beautika had started off as a beauty saloon but has since converted into a restaurant that serves up authentic Manadonese cuisines that guarantees a very spicy and hot dining experience. 


As you can see here, a wide variety of vegetables, seafood and meats served up on bain-marie. What we did was to ask the server to recommend a few house specialty as well as Hub picked out what was good when he was here previously.

And this is what we ordered. Basically it's a lot of chillies. Clockwise: roa (a type of fish unique to Manado) in chilli paste, cumi (or squids) in another type of chilli paste, stir-fry young papaya flowers (which has a bitter after taste, but apparently it's one of their specialty) and bebek (or duck) in rica-rica sauce (just more chillies!) LOL!

I gotta acknowledge this though. Before I started living in Jakarta, I like my Malay food but that is just about it. However Jakarta changed my taste buds. I adore the various sambal and chilli paste that are used to cook meats and seafood in or simply serve up as condiments. If you are like me and adore your sambals, this is THE place to go. :)

 Certainly, Beautika has not forgotten its roots....

****

Beautika Restaurant
Jl. Hang Lekir No. 1, Kebayoran Baru
Tel: 021 - 722 6683
Fax: 021 - 739 6137

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...