Sunday, September 30, 2012

Being grateful...

I've got  confession to make. I used to think that Hubs tended to be melodramatic everytime he's back in KL and exclaim how clear or how much he misses the clear blue skies in KL. At that time, I was still pretty much based in KL and commuted every now and then to Jakarta. Clear blue skies were pretty much, ermmm, an every day happenin', if you get what I mean.

My recent 2 weeks stint in Jakarta somehow changed my view subtlely, I realised. While I was in Jakarta, every day I woke up to hazy skies and hardly any rain. There was only one night that it rained, and even that did not clear the skies the next morning.

And so when I reach KL couple of days ago, while in the cab making my way home, I was struck for the first time of how blue KL skies are and being grateful for clean air and clean skies for the first time. And that evening, this is what enthralled me and I captured on my iPhone - the silvery full moon against a backdrop of clear blue evening sky. Of course, I conveniently forgot that mid-autumn festival is around the corner and the Chinese in me believe that the moon is the prettiest at this time of the year. But having said that, I AM still grateful to be back in KL and witness the beauty in Malaysia that is untarnished by development.

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival folks!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...