Thursday, December 4, 2008

Mobile pharmacy

Call me paranoid.. but I have a pouch of medicines which I always keep handy in my handbag. And I mean they are with me 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Don't get me wrong, I am perfectly healthy, except that my cholesterol is a wee bit on the high side. Which the good doctor have not prescribed any medication except the good ol' advice of exercise. I started this habit of having my medications handy eversince I have migraine attacks 5 years ago. Migraine is no joke, and for me there's no cure until I pop that 1 pill of Cafergot.

Over the years, I have added a few more items to my mobile pharmacy. At my last check, these are what I carry: 1 strip of Panadol (fever/headache), 10 tablets of Cafergot (migraine), 1 strip of Ponstan (menstrual pains), 1 strip of Immodium (diarrhoea), 1 strip of Clarinase (flu) and 1 strip of Xyzal (allergies)

And today, they were put to good use. When I came back from lunch, a colleague bump into me and just ask, "Do you by chance have any diarrhoea medication?"

It felt good that they are finally able to rescue someone other than myself :)

1 comment:

Aikiben said...

haha so true.. i keep some too with me in office and while travelling..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...