Thursday, December 4, 2008

How do you know he's the one?

This morning while driving to work, one of the radio station's breakfast show was asking listeners out there to call in and share how do they know they have found The One...

And I wholeheartedly can identify with this particular caller who said that she knew he's the one because he made her she felt comfortable whenever she is with him.

I am the type quite prone to having mini-crushes when growing up... *blush*

I think I almost got the ground covered: lead singers in boybands, the senior in high school, the geeky-but-cool college dude, the gwailo uni-mate, the cyber-guy from sixdegrees.com, couple of guys from a dating agency and also guys I met in my working life.

All of them made my heart skipped a few beats but nothing spectacular happen. Is The One so hard to find? Do I have to kiss a few frogs before he finally come along? There was a phase in my life that my radar was always on the look out for books (including those by Christian authors) along the theme of "He's not that into you" and "The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing" just so I can hone my skills in getting Mr The One. It got to a point I wondered if The One is a myth, an urban legend. Until Hubs came along...

How we got together is pretty ordinary. We met through work and for the record he couldn't remember who I was when we were first introduced because I was too junior to make business decisions. Huh!

We officially got acquainted when I have to meet Hubs a few days before CNY 2006 to approve this poster that we have ordered from his company. What was supposed to be a 5 minutes yeah-this-looks-OK-and-you-can-start-the mass-production turned into a 2 hour chat. The key thing I remembered when we said goodbye was I felt really comfortable talking to him. My heart was beating normally for once, and I remembered telling myself "hmmm.. maybe can consider".

The fish has taken the bait, when half an hour after we parted, Hubs sent me a text saying the roads were all congested due to the pre-CNY rush... and that's when I reeled in the fish. *beam*



p/s: Meet HRH the Frog Prince. I bought him from IKEA before I met Hubs to remind myself that The One is still out there :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...