Monday, February 18, 2013

Now that's what I call customer service!

Just before Christmas last year, while window shopping at Borders @ the Curve, I stumbled across Chef Michael Smith cookbook. Now he is one chef whose show I love to watch. A lot. Because he made cooking looked so simple and easy. And I love how he talked the viewers through, in his easy-going and laid-back manner. And most of all - I love his walk-in pantry. Rows after rows of dried herbs and ingredients that's so easy to look and reach out for. That is my homemaker's ambition - to have a walk-in pantry like that. LOL!

Anyway, since I love his show so much, I also told myself that if Chef Michael ever publish any cookbook that I can easily get my hands on, I'm gonna buy it. So imagine my delight when I saw the cookbook in Borders. But it's all wrapped up in clear plastic. So off I trotted to the service counter and asked for assistance/permission to take a look inside.

The guy who served me, I would say I'm really really impressed by his customer service. He's a Malay chap, really really chatty and with a quirky demeanour to hoot! Come to think of it, his demeanour actually reminded me of Harith Iskandar. So he started asking me who's this chef and la, la, la... And I went into how much I love Chef Michael's show and his walk-in pantry. He also asked me if I'm a serious buyer of the book. I said I would like to take a look before deciding. He opened the wrappers anyway and told me that if I decided not to buy, just leave the book back at the service counter.

After browsing through, I was 50/50 on whether to buy or not. But I guess I fell for the friendly customer service that I received and decided Heck! Just buy it la. When I was paying for the book, again more small talk, and he asked me if I have Borders loyalty card. I said I wasn't sure, went flipping through my purse and his sharp eyes saw it before me and help me to fish it out. And then he made extra care to deactivate any sensors in the book. I mentioned in passing that as I was coming into Border earlier, my shopping may have a sensor that triggered the alarm. He went the extra mile and offered to deactivate it for me. But somehow there wasn't any hidden in my shopping.

He then asked could it be my bag? I didn't think so but handed it over to him to deactivate it. And to my surprise it was my bag. When he handed back my bag to me, I looked thoroughly inside to search for the sensor strip but just cannot find it. It was so weird! Until today. Apparently it was hidden in my purse all this while. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...