Wednesday, January 9, 2013

ITC Kuningan and outlet shopping @ Mal Ambassador

Over last year's year-end holiday season, I got introduced to two new shopping destinations. And I really mean SHOPPING DESTINATIONS. They are ITC Kuningan and it's next door neighbour, Mal Ambassador.

All over Jakarta, you have these kinda of local malls called ITC which stands for International Trade Center. These ITC are rather similar to Sg. Wang shopping center in KL, which has a lot of small, independent stores selling clothes, children clothes, shoes, bags, fashion accessories, pirated DVDs, beddings, baby items, batiks, just to name a few.

However the ones in ITC Kuningan/Mal Ambassador stood out. Why? When Hub's childhood friend who was visiting her hubby wanted to go to these places and said that she read off the internet that there are fashion outlets at these places, I was a bit skeptical. ITC? Because so far the ones I've been to before were rather dismal. However, with a sense of adventure, I went along with her and her two kids.

When we reached there, as usual, the ground floor of these places seems to be filled with pirated DVDs. And as always none of us can resist buying them. After the courtesy rounds, we begun to explore. And I'm lost in shopping paradise. See my stashes below. ;p

Some shirts I bought for Hubs
These are for Me!
Unbranded skirt for me again! ;p
Fashion accessories galore!
Hugo shirts for my dad's christmas pressie!
Both these places has quite a fair bit of fashion outlets for adults and children alike, located on the ground floor of ITC Kuningan, and also 1st floor (Premium) and 5th floor (Passport) of Mal Ambassador. According to my friend who bought for her kids, generally they were lots of jeans, dresses and t-shirts in the likes of Guess, Burberry and Gap. For adults, what I've seen are Nike, Burberry, Hugo, Bebe, Superdry, Fred Perry and some H&M.

Some may asked "are these real?" To be honest, I really don't know. But my policy of shopping for these items here in Jakarta or even in Bandung, is to touch/feel and see for myself the texture and quality of the cloth. If they are decent, then I would buy them. And based on my experience so far, they are pretty good quality. Bandung, a neighbouring city has always been known for its outlet shopping. But the journey to which takes 2 hours can stretch up to 5 hours when coming back, especially on Fridays and weekends, due to what else but traffic! Definitely will be back from time to time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...