Sunday, January 6, 2013

Eats: Mussels Lunch @ Sala, Kemang

I spotted Sala a few weeks back when we were making our way to Kemang. The quaint, cottage-like exterior of the restaurant make me very much wanted to try this restaurant one day. And the day came when my friend treated me to a birthday lunch on Friday. Yay!

 
My friend made a reservation for us to sit on the first floor of the restaurant, and my oh my... I felt like I step into somebody's secret garden. The floor was fitted with artificial grass and there were  pots of hanging wildflowers overhead. The rustic dining tables and chairs and small jars of cut fresh flowers completed the magical feel.





Food wise was great. At least our selection was. Haha. My friend had been here before and absolutely raved about the mussels. We first had the mussels mariniere and decided to order a second pot i.e. mussels tomatoey to eat to our fill. I gotta say that I'm a picky clams/mussels eater. I always have a natural gag reflex if I eat mussels/clams that's a bit too metalic to the palate. Surprisingly, the ones we had were alright by me. Maybe they were not too big. But all in all, it had been a very yummy lunch indeed!

My choice of beverage - a concoction of peaches and mint, aptly named Peaches!


Mussels Mariniere
Mussels Tomatoey

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...