Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Lord of the Rings

So Hubs was in Ho Chi Minh close to 3 weeks ago, and while he was there, he realised he has lost his wedding ring just few hours before he was due to fly back to Jakarta. When he finally got home to tell me about it, a drama erupted which I shan't go into.

Anyway, the outcome from this episode was that we decided to buy a new pair of matching wedding rings. So when Hubs was back in KL over the recently past weekend, we went to 1 Utama to look for our new wedding rings. A pair of plain wedding rings in pure gold in one of the shops caught our eyes but we decided to look around first.

At another shop, we didn't see any plain wedding rings on display and asked them if they have any. What the sales person said next really stumped me.

Me: Do you have any plain wedding rings?
Salesperson: You mean like Lord of the Rings?
Me: Huh? Errr.. plain wedding rings...?
Salesperson: Yeah! Lord of the Rings!
Me: Errr.. OK.. Let's see what you have...?

It was at this point I realised that the "One Ring to rule them all" is actually a plain gold except for the fiery Tengwar inscription that appears when placed in fire. LOL!

In the end, we end up with the earlier pair of plain wedding rings in pure gold. Surely, it IS the "Lord" of the Rings since it is the most traditional kind of wedding rings worn throughout the ages. :)


BTW, our drama surrounding the wedding rings does not end there. 

We then adjourned to lunch in the mall and when we were about to pay for the bill, Hubs reached into his khakis pocket and went "OH MY GOD!" and started laughing non-stop. I kept on asking him why and after a few seconds, he told me, "I found my wedding ring."

"What do you mean?!" I asked. And shocked as well! "Well, I found back my wedding ring. It was in the pocket of this pair of khakis all this while! It fell out when I was reaching for my wallet!"

This time, I'm pretty stumped!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...