Monday, August 20, 2012

Eats: Wasa Light Rye Crispbread

Finally, I found another option to add to my limited repertoire of breakfast/snack, which at the moment consist only of
(1) cornflakes in milk OR
(2) instant oats in hot water and sugar OR
(3) Kraft cheese slice with 3-1 Milo (if I'm in KL) / Hot cocoa (if I'm in Jakarta)

Pretty limited stuffs but no choice coz I can't eat bread due to my worsening wheat allergy. The last time I had bread, I ended up in hospital, suffering from an anaphylactic shock. That's how bad it is now.

Even last week, after I had the 3-1 Horlicks drink, my mouth felt a bit burning and itchy. When I checked the ingredients, it contained trace amounts of wheat flour. No wonder the reaction!

Yesterday, when Hubs and I were in Bangsar Shopping Center looking for a french press coffeemaker, we decided to pop into Jason's, the anchor grocer, to see if we can find one there.  Instead, we found new breakfast/snack options for me at the biscuits and confectionery shelf - in the form of Wasa Light Rye Crispbread.

So tonight, I decided to try and see how it taste like. By the way, I have a tendency of getting hungry super fast when I'm working on an article. Kinda like it actually coz it's an indicator that my brain cells are working! :D

And here it is! I sandwiched a cheese slice between 2 pieces of the crispbread. It tasted really healthy though, a bit dry, but guess I have no choice. And for the uninitiated it's like our Asian soda crackers, just that this one is made with light rye.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...