Monday, February 27, 2012

Back in the groove!!

WELCOME ME-SELF BACK!

Well, I certainly miss that. Back in the days when I was working in a proper office, clocked in at proper times, had a manager title printed on my name card, had lunch at a fixed schedule, was answerable to every requests and whims of my boss, and you know the works, I look forward to stepping into office, the morning after a working trip. Because my team secretary and Angie is her name, now she is one no-nonsense lady but I love her efficiency, she will make it a point to greet us managers "WELCOME BACK!" the moment we step back into office. It's so uplifting that I decided to start this post this way. :)

To be honest, after almost 3 months hiatus, with only 1 (or was it 2?!) blog posted in between, I was dragging my feet, scratching my head, surfing the net, and did every other darn thing except logging onto my blogger dashboard and get back in the groove of blogging again. It didn't help matters that I also took leave from my freelance job that I half-wished this can go on forever and ever.

Wait a minute.. was that a mini writer's block that I was experiencing? Haha. In all honesty, I have gotten lazy. Now there's no excuse because events that happened to me recently made me realised that the human mind is REALLY REALLY capable of being reasonable.

Now what do I mean by that? You most probably can identify this better in this scenario - you are working and you have subordinates reporting to you. Ask yourself how many times have you allowed yourself to be "bought" by reasons of lateness, the massive traffic, the customer has not got back to me and etc. etc. and sorta let off your subordinates from delivering what they committed to do? And now think how many times have your treacherous mind tricked you into thinking "it can't be done because of the circumstances that i am in" and in return you have stop living out your hopes and dreams? Well I certainly had and realised that there was choices involved that made me become"reasonable" with myself although I blamed in on my circumstances.

So excuses no more.. It is "JUST DO IT!"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...