Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Eats: Chillin' out at Luna Negra - UPDATED!

(The first part of this post was originally published on 23rd August 2011. I have since updated it with a review on the food)

We came here to meet one of Hubs's buddy-cum-sidekick when he first started living in Jakarta, over happy hours. They were having a 1+1 Bintang promotion @ Rp 35,000 (roughly RM 12), pretty decent if you ask me. I like the decor - gave me a swanky yet laid back English pub feel.

Luna boasts of an extensive 35 different types of pizza and 17 types of pasta. Specials of the day are presented in a moveable blackboard, as seen in bottom right of picture No. 4. Pretty cool huh! So far, I heard the food is good, especially the pastas and pork chop. Hope to be back one day to sample their menu.


Luna's special concoction of iced tea. Refreshing for a hot afternoon
Main dining area.
The impressive 30 meters Whisky Bar.



UPDATED!

I finally came back here again last night (6th Feb 2012) for happy hours and to sample their food this time. Yay!  First up was a pizza dish with toppings of ham and button mushrooms. I took a bite of Hub's choice and thought it was good. The crust was thin, with generous servings of ham and mushrooms plus mozzarella cheese. Hubs who has previously tried their 4-type mushrooms pizza thought that was better than last night choice.


While we were having our happy hours drinks and yep! the 1+1 Bintang promotion is still on, I spied something interesting that was served at a neigbouring table and told Hubs about it. Hubs on the pretext of checking out their live lobsters, walked past that table, took a sneak peak and came back with "let's order that"

And so here it is...


It was fresh fettucini with crab and fresh tomatoes. After all the necessary photo moments, I pushed off the carapace to reveal steaming hot pasta that was generously coated with the fresh tomatoes sauce. To get to the crab meat meant slowly picking through the body parts, claws and legs, and heck to manners, I'm eating with my hands. ;p Overall I love the pasta, as the crab was fresh. The only small fuss was that I found it a tad salty. If it was less salt, I think it would have a been a very lovely meal indeed!

***

Luna Negra
Bapindo Plaza, Ground Floor,
Jl. Jend. Sudirman, Kav. 54-55, Jakarta
Phone: (021) 2995-0077
Fax: (021) 2995-0078

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...