Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The great anniversary debate

Over the weekend, my Twin who's currently residing in the US celebrated her 2nd wedding anniversary and as a gift, Bro-in-law presented her a H&M voucher symbolic of the 2nd wedding anniversary gift of cotton. 

When Hubs saw her status post on FB, Hubs asked me "Got such thing meh, what to give for each passing wedding anniversary?" I replied, "Yeah, according to the Caucasian tradition." Without thinking straight as my brain was still a bit groggy having just woken up, I continued to add "In fact, according to them, the 1st wedding anniversary gift is a piece of paper."As soon as that came out from my mouth, I went 'oopsie-daisy' in my head because Hubs's next response was, "Hmm.. looks like I got conned into getting you that LV bag"

But thankee my lucky stars, I found out from wiki that leather is THE gift for 3rd anniversary gift according to traditional US gift conventions. *Phew* ;p

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...