Tuesday, October 25, 2011

First day in the office

And so here I am, finally in Jakarta for a 41 days stint, to be exact.

The gamut of feelings I was experiencing, from apprehension to some mild excitement caught me slightly offguard, to be frank. In all honesty, the ratio of dread to excitement is slightly higher on dread. All my previous stints to Jakarta has been more of excitement. On reflection, I realised that on those trips I still can call myself a visitor, they were short visits, and I always told myself this 'well I can wait to put this plan into place when I'm here for the long haul'.

But this IS the longer stay. Which only means one thing - ACTION. All those plans that I mentally planned out in my head in order to get assimilated into the society like join a yoga class, go visit a church, find some any activities/hobbies to amuse myself and kill time has gotta be executed. And on the home front, it is also SHOW TIME on the housewife-ing skills. So far my marketing (read: food and grocery shopping) trips has been rather haphazard. I end up at the supermarket, walking up and down the food aisle but totally clueless what to buy/cook. Hubs is more organised than me. :(

And therein lies my dread. I sometimes wonder how my mom does it. Simple things like going to the market and instinctively know what to buy. Perhaps that's my inherent problem. Mentally think/plan too much in my head until I don't know where to start. Perhaps I should just go out there, do it and hopefully everything will fall into place. In time we shall know...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...