Monday, October 31, 2011

Comparison of Prepaid Data Packages: Telkomsel simPATI vs Maxis Hotlink

I have recently changed my postpaid Maxis line to prepaid and what a bummer deal I got on the data package for prepaid. Previously while on postpaid, I subscribed to unlimited data package for my iPhone and hence I do not monitor my usage at all. Just before I did the switch, in order to gauge which mobile internet package is the best for me, I monitored and found that on average I was clocking around 50MB worth of data per day.

With 2 weeks to go in the remainder of my stay just before moving, I had to buy a 2-weeks data and for what Maxis is offering on their 2-weeks package, there was a lot of compromise . I had to ration out my usage, only allowing myself 8MB of data per day, and could only check FB once in a day.  In fact, if you look at their 1-week package, the volume quota given was a ridiculous 5MB that I called up Maxis customer service to confirm if that was a typo. I told them as well that their packages sucks and got this response, "Well Ms Chin, our packages are catered more towards phones like the Blackberry that doesn't consume a lot of data" Hullo Maxis, what about iPhone users???  


Fast forward 3 weeks later in Jakarta, as soon as I arrived, Hubs took me to a Telkomsel center in Gandaria City (on my previous visit, I have already bought myself a Telkomsel prepaid sim card) to check out their long-term data packages. And below is their packages. Their 2-week data package cost almost similar to Maxis but you get a decent quota of 300MB. In the end, I signed up for the 30-days package which cost me roughly RM 35 with a quota of 1GB. And so far, services has been pretty good I would say.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...