Wednesday, May 13, 2009

And I thought all men are born to know how to shave

As I was catching up with some ex-colleagues over lunch a few days ago, relating a couple of weird but hilarious customer encounters, one of them encouraged me to blog about it here. So here goes:

This episode happened quite a few years back when I was still in employment by another chain retail pharmacy. The store opposite from me is a photography shop and manned by a rather effeminate and plump Chinese man.

When he's not too busy he will run over to my store, mostly to window-shop and ask some general questions about health supplements on how to maintain beautiful skin or for weight loss. One day, he turned up in front of my counter and rather sheepishly asked how to get rid of facial hair. With him being a man and all, I thought he would always have a steady supply of razors in his bathroom. So naturally I answered shave lor.

Turning a slight shade of pink, he asked "Got any cream ar instead of shaving?" and while he was asking this, his right hand was lightly patting his rather scarce moustache - one-day-old hair probably, with the little pinky finger sticking out. Trying to maintain my best professional composure, I answered, "Most of the time shaving would be the easiest. I suppose you can try some of the hair removal cream like Nair or Veet but these are formulated for body hair, hence not tested for face."

Looking back I realised i should have suggested a third option: strip wax, just for the heck of it. Hahaha

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...