Friday, April 3, 2009

Eats: Gourmet Garage in Kemang

One place in Jakarta that you can never go wrong with the food is Gourmet Garage. Located in Kemang, i.e. the expatriates hub, Gourmet Garage is housed in a 2 storey building, and as the name suggest, it is a place that promise to tantalizes one's tastebud. On the ground floor is the western kitchen as well as the western supermarket with goodies ranging from gourmet meats to western sweets and imported produce. On the first floor is the Japanese kitchen and the bar. This is my 2nd time here, and I have never been disappointed so far.


Hubs is crazy over the freshly squeezed orange juice, hence that is a must. It was OK with me, definitely freshly squeezed with orange pulps swimming in the juice, but according to Hubs, that day it was slightly watered down. For our mains, I ordered the Wagyu Beef Burger while Hubs opted for Nasi Goreng Kambing.


The fried rice was OK - I mean, how wrong can one go with fried rice, y'know what I mean? But my Wagyu Beef Burger was a different story altogether. Only one word to describe - WOW! The patty was nicely done - I requested medium, oozes with natural beef juice and amazingly tender. The bread was nicely toasted, french fries fresh from the fryer with a bed of aragula and roquet salad in balsamic vinegar dressing to complete the meal. Will definitely be back for more!


****


Gourmet World (formerly Gourmet Garage)
No 66-68, Jln Kemang Raya,
Jakarta Selatan 12720

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...