Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Cream Bath @ Roger's Salon, Clinic and Spa

During my recent five days R&R retreat in Jakarta - really, I didn't do anything at all except to get ready in the morning,  was chauffeured around by Hubs driver to malls, massage parlours and restaurants and in between that, still able to find time for cat-naps in the afternoons, I really have to say this about the Indonesians: they REALLY perform miracles with their fingers when it comes to massages. And you get massage services literally everywhere, from traditional massage parlours to your everyday hair salon.

One such place is Roger's, and basically all hair salons in Jakarta offer this absolutely-out-of-this-world-yummylicious experience in the form of CREAM BATHS. In Kuala Lumpur, it is nothing more than your mere, nondescript, extraordinarily normal hair-steam experience at your neighbourhood, aunty-type hair salon. But in Jakarta, WOW!

First of all, we were asked to choose one of six different flavours of hair masque, from dark chocolate to green tea and strawberries which promises to nourish, hyrates and rejuvenates dull and lacklustre tresses. Once that is done, we were led to the washing area for our hair to be washed before the amazing experience begins.

I chose dark chocolate while Hubs opted for yoghurt strawberry. My massage therapist began by slowly working the hair masque into my wet hair, covering every inch of my scalp before her fingers worked their magic. The pressure was firm yet gentle and over and over again, she rubbed and massaged my scalp for a good 1 hour. Next, she took another dollop of massage cream and begin to massage my neck, shoulders and right down to the middle of my back. This continued for another 30 minutes before she took a hot towel to rub off the massage cream. Last but not least, she wrapped my hair in a small towel, put on the steamer for 15 minutes before rinsing off the masque.

The verdict: My hair came out soft and rehydrated, all aches and pains plaguing my shoulders and back completely gone, and all these for only RM 40 per person. To top it all off, Hubs said my hair smells really yummy, reminds him of dark chocolate mousse. Yum-yum :)


p/s: Another reason why I said Indonesians are darn good with their massages is that on my last day in Jakarta, we had some time to kill before leaving for the airport, and so we decided to go for a foot reflexology. I mean after all, when it comes to foot reflexology, we thought no one can beat the Chinese right?! But how wrong we were. The Indonesians gave as good as it gets, to a point I have to tell my therapist to go easy. Again another amazing experience for only RM 7.50 per hour per person.

Address:
Roger's Salon, Clinic and Spa
Jl. Wolter Monginsidi No. 21, Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta Selatan.
Tel: 021-72780276, 72792939
Email: wolter@rogersalon.com 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...