Monday, January 5, 2009

Travel stories: I am a Cina-kui after all..

and proud of every minute of it.. HAHAHA

I thought I belong to the new Chinese generation i.e. in my definition, those who can take on cold sandwiches for lunch anytime and survived western meals for lunch and dinner like forever.

When I was in Munich 4 months ago for work, after 2 days of pork knuckle, bratwurst and sauerkraut, my craving for Chinese food was at all time high. And when girlfriend and me finally settled in a totally unassuming Asian cafe that look more like a take-away place, when my plate of Chinese fried rice was served steaming hot, when I took that first bite, I have died and gone to heaven. It was oh-so menghilangkan gian.

My recent Christmas holiday in Perth is the final nail in the coffin. Sure, I was having Asian dishes at every meal, but this time the craving is for noodles. And so on our final day of roaming Perth city centre, I told Hubby I have a desperate urge for noodles for lunch and I remembered seeing some Asian food stalls at Carillion City food court.

The place was packed with lunch crowd and it took us awhile to find a place. When we finally did, I already knew what I wanted. Steaming hot bowl of Nyonya Curry Laksa complete with crab sticks, fish cakes, fish balls and prawns. I was completely satiated, savouring each mouthful of meehoon and slurping each spoonful of the yummy laksa broth. Mind you I was coming down with a sore throat (and still nursing one at point of blogging), but that did not deter me one bit.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...