Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Of emails laden with pork lard.

There's a saying that goes 'beware of Greeks bearing gifts'.  I guess in today's electronic age, one gotta be careful also, of emails that butters/polish or 'pork-lard' a person up..

I received two of such emails recently, regarding work. I mean, I first gotta acknowledge this for myself. Counting this year, I have been involved in sales and marketing in the medical field for like 9 years already. Hence when I write a medically related article, I think like a sales and marketing person and look for points to highlight the benefits of the products. The key point here is to do it subtlely. Because an over-promoting article may be deemed unethical. And so far, I have not encountered much issues regarding the content from my clients. Except of these two. And frustratingly, anally, geram-ly, both email arrived in my Inbox on the same day! And sounding exactly like a carbon copy of each other!!


Exhibit 1:

Exhibit 2: 


Sometimes I really wish that I'm like Doraemon with his magical pouch. That I have a magical computer that magically churns out article before one can even finish saying Voila! But it isn't like that in reality. A lot of research and time goes behind each article. The most important thing here is that every data that is mentioned in these articles are valid and properly referenced. It's not a simple "with your writing expertise" or even skills for that matter.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...