Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Travel stories: Thank God for technology (although I'm still in a fix over my iPhone battery)

I wasn't exactly late when I arrived at the airport yesterday for my return flight to Kuala Lumpur. I was there slightly over 2 hours prior takeoff time due to uncannily clear traffic, hence theoretically I have quite a comfortable margin to check in and clear immigrations. That is of course, had I done internet check-in.

But I totally forgot about it and mentally kicked myself a thousand times over for wasting an hour's time surfing the net while at Hubs's office, when I saw the snaking queue for counter check-in. Back in KL, I have used mobile check-in and drop off my luggage at the luggage drop-off counter by showing the QR code sent to my iPhone for domestic flights. Some friends also informed they have checked-in with no problem by showing their e-ticket on their smartphone at the check-in counter. But this is Jakarta airport we are talking about. The Nugrah Rai International Airport in Denpasar is even more modern than this. In fact the airport was only equipped with free wifi as of May this year if it wasn't for some ASEAN meeting.

Jeez! What a stew I am in! I decided then, I shall not wait forever like this, and I shall test the untested. Since there's free wifi (thank god it was strong signal throughout), I proceed to check-in online at KLM mobile site with my iPhone, while switching queue to the luggage drop-off, and managed to get my pdf boarding pass sent to my email at the end of the process. To be on the safe side, I also requested for my boarding pass to be sent to the airport. By the time it was my turn at the counter, I showed the pdf boarding pass on my iPhone and voila! without much hassle I got the hardcopy. Yay!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...