Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My luck with windscreen

I still remember clearly, my very first windscreen accident. It happened while I was driving up to KL to start my very first job. While overtaking another car on the fast lane, I heard a very loud 'POP' and the next thing I knew, I couldn't see a thing in front of me as the windscreen cracked into million tiny pieces. Ever since then, I get paranoid whenever I hear the 'POP'. I would always tap the glass from the inside as if tempting fate "Don't u dare to break on me"

And today while driving home on the NKVE after a late customer appointment, I heard the dreaded 'POP' again. I was immediately on alert, prepared for the worse, did my tap test, but nothing happened. Boy was I lucky,  or so I thought, until I saw a line about 10cm in length appear out of nowhere on the edge of my car windscreen. I reached out scratch the glass from the inside. Smooth. It wasn't a crack after all. Maybe it's a twig/pine that got caught by the car door.

Upon reaching the brightly lit Damansara toll plaza, the twig begin to give off some glint whenever it caught some of the fluorescent lights. As I slowed down to tag myself out of the highway, to my dismay, it IS a crack after all.

Immediately I called Hubs in Jakarta to inform him and described what happened and nature of the crack. It was his car after all and I wasn't sure what to do next. But more so, I get very tensed when things happen to the car. It would be nice if car manufacturers can come out with a 100% maintenance free and break-proof car and I will be the first to book me-self one. :P

Hubs must have had some six sense going on when he renewed his car insurance earlier this year because thank God the windscreen is insured. And he has never insure his car windscreen before...

Coincidence or Law of attraction at work???

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...